Welcome to the Wildcard Blog!
This gives us an opportunity to go into depth on certain topics and to discuss a wide range of subjects that may interest you. Wildcard is approaching it’s 6th birthday and has evolved considerably since its opening in 2017.
The best place to start is with our philosophy, our mission and our values.
Through our first few years of business, we’ve learned and grown a lot as individuals and as a business, but our mission and core values have remained the same.
Mission and Vision
Our mission is to build a family of athletes that constantly push each other to improve physically and mentally with a goal of becoming the best version of themselves possible by improving their mobility, longevity and physical ability.
Our vision to be a nationally renowned facility, making 250 people fitter whilst building a strong community. We are committed to educating people in strength and nutrition, both in person, as well as online.
Our core values that help us to achieve this big goal are as follows:
- Integrity: We strive to keep our moral compass true, no matter who is watching. Our relationships are built on this and are nothing without this. We have been in situations previously where integrity is the difference between life and death. We believe that integrity should always be shown no matter how insignificant the circumstances may appear.
- Community: Our community is our blood. We are there for each other through the best times, but also the dark times. We have supported each other through a pandemic lockdown, we can handle anything that is thrown at us. Our community is without prejudice and open to all those who uphold our values. We will protect our community at all costs.
- Respect: No matter what your upbringing, your background, your origin, Wildcard is all-inclusive. Having travelled the world with the Royal Marines, James and Alex have learnt to never judge a book by its cover. Everyone has their own story and their own difficulties. This is acknowledged and we move forward together.
- Work hard/Play hard: We value the effort we put into training but we also value life balance. We have a passion for activities outside the gym as much as we do inside. We have learnt that social interaction can be as important as physical exercise for mental health.
- Work ethic: We have identified that in life things are not handed to you on a plate. We have the determination and will, to work hard for what we want to achieve. This crosses over into our training methodologies. We put in the required effort until we achieve our targets and will help you to do the same.
To go along with all of this we understand that our job as coaches and employees is to be the bright spot in our client’s day. We want to be their happy place where they can let go of all the bullshit from the rest of their life, get down to business, and enjoy some fitness, friendship, fun and GAINZ.
THE BEST HOUR OF YOUR DAY.
Our staff members are always smiling and happy to see our members. Our coaches are entertainers and experts in fitness.
We believe in our members and ourselves.